The Pros and Cons of Eco-Friendly Pest Control
Homeowners sometimes aren’t sure exactly what they’re getting, what it costs, or what the benefits are, for starters. This works in the favor of pest control companies who push their ambiguous services on confused customers. But you should be equipped with the information to freely select the best pest control method for your home. To help you in that journey, we’re sharing the pros and cons of eco-friendly pest control.
IT'S LAWN AERATION SEASON!
- It isn’t the cheapest available option: Some will argue that the price of controlling pests in an eco-friendly way isn’t viable. Yes, it’s true that the other options do require less cash upfront. But would you rather pay less and have a resurgence of pests in a year, or invest in an effective, long-term solution that will save you stress and additional bills for more than one season?
- The results don’t start immediately: If you choose eco-friendly pest control, you do run the risk of ensuring a slightly longer timeline to see results. Additionally, non-eco-friendly solutions give the immediate satisfaction of knowing legions of bugs are dead right after treatment. That’s probably the biggest concern among homeowners when deciding on eco-friendly or fully chemical pest control. Should fast, short-lived results be opted for or slow-produced, long-lasting ones?
- You lighten your carbon footprint: Many eco-friendly options are created to reduce or eliminate infestations without harming humans, pets, plants, or the environment. It’s perfect for the discerning homeowner who believes in natural, green options. You can take control against pests without repeatedly subjecting the environment – or loved ones – to toxic chemicals.
- Keeps landscape healthy long-term: Using natural pest solutions means plants won’t be exposed to chemical toxins. Spraying chemical pesticides around your home makes your yard virtually uninhabitable for plants in the long run.
- Pests can’t develop resistance: Over time, fully chemical pesticides lose their effectiveness. If a small portion of a pest population survives a chemical insecticide treatment, they’re likely to pass resistance to their offspring, making treatments ineffective. Pests are much less likely to develop resistance to eco-frienldy pest control techniques.
- It’s smarter: Eco-friendly pest control often focuses on using a combination of biocontrols and safe, green products to drive pests away from your home by making the indoor and outdoor home environment as unwelcoming as possible to pests. These techniques require science and experience and are strategic and targeted. Companies that offer this kind of pest control are usually well-versed in the habits of local pests and have an arsenal of techniques to eliminate them entirely and forbid their return. Alternatively, anyone can do a heavy spray chemical application.
When choosing eco-friendly versus non-eco-friendly pest control, keep an open mind, do your research, and consider the end result you’re working towards. At Go Green, we support eco-friendly methods. We're known for our West Chester Lawn Care, but our pest control is just as quality! If you do decide we're the way to go, contact us and we’ll help you come up with the right plan for your needs.